Male Masturbation/new year's resolution

Question
QUESTION: It's Saturday so I think I should be starting 1 week now but I don't think I can make it that long.  What should I do?

ANSWER: As I have said repeatedly, you should accept masturbation ans normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  If you can't cut back to even once a week, then you are never going to succeed in quitting masturbating.  I think it's better to do it and enjoy it a lot.

QUESTION: Do you think I should make a new years resolution about it?  What would be a good one?

ANSWER: As I constantly tell you, you should resolve to accept masturbation as normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Make a resolution to enjoy it every time you do it in 2013.  If you ever once don't enjoy it and start this talk of quitting, then you've broken your new year's resolution.

QUESTION: Well I did make it my new year's resolution not to do it but even before the new year started I was feeling anxious about it and I broke my resolution at 1:30 a.m.   That new year's resolution did not last very long.  I felt pretty ashamed about it.  I felt awful and agitated about it all night.  What can I do now that would help?  Can I make a February 1 resolution?

Answer
You have nothing to be ashamed of.  Most males your age masturbate daily.  It was silly of you to resolve not to do something that you should be doing 365 times a year, probably more.  I told you that you should resolve to enjoy masturbating every time you do it in 2013.  You broke that one by feeling unnecessarily ashamed, awful, and agitated.  You can make a resolution any time you want.  I would suggest making that one immediately.  Masturbation is fun, normal, and very healthy for you.  

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.