Male Masturbation/masturbation time

Question
QUESTION: For my next question, what is a good time to spend masturbating when using lube?  Should it take less time than normal?  If so, how long would I have to be masturbating with lube before I would notice a difference?

ANSWER: You will probably find that using lube lets you masturbate to orgasm more quickly than you can do it without lube.  At the very least, you should not be surprised if that happens.  But maybe it won't.  I think that once you got over the learning curve of using lube (maybe a few days to a few weeks), you would notice that your sessions are proceeding more efficiently.  

What is a good time is a tougher question.  Most younger males spend 5-10 minutes on average masturbating.  I don't think it makes much difference how many minutes.  The important thing is that you enjoy it.

QUESTION: Well, I really don't want to do it more quickly.  So does that mean getting used to using lube would make me prematurely ejaculate?  I'm happy with the time I have now.

ANSWER: Don't worry.  Using lube won't turn you into a premature ejaculator.  The difference is that without lube, you can run the risk of damaging your gentle penile skin if you go too fast.  Lube will take away that worry.  You don't have to go lickety split with lube, but in some way it does take a speed limit off.  Just find out what you enjoy and do that.

QUESTION: I still don't understand.  If lube will make me ejaculate faster, then how can I know it won't make me a premature ejaculator?  How fast is too fast?  How can I know if I am one?

Answer
Premature ejaculation isn't as much about speed.  Premature ejaculation is a condition where a male ejaculates as soon as he enters the vagina.  If you're not already in that situation, lube won't put you there.  For masturbating. lube will make your sessions smoother and probably quicker.  That's a long way from being a premature ejaculator in intercourse.  I don't think you have to worry about that at the moment.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.