Male Masturbation/acne

Will masturbating cause me to have pimples or acne?  I am worried about my skin and think there could be a breakout.

No, masturbation doesn't cause acne or prevent acne or have anything else to do with it.  That nasty rumor got started because most males get acne for the first time about the same age they start masturbating.  Both of these developments are caused by the hormonal surge at puberty.  Acne will go away eventually, no matter how much or little a male masturbates.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.