Male Masturbation/pole masturbation?

QUESTION: Is it true that guys can have orgasms by sliding down poles and climbing ropes?  How could I have an orgasm that way?  Would it be considered masturbating?

ANSWER: Males have had orgasms that way but I doubt that very many males intended to have an orgasm when they did it.  It is for most males an accidental orgasm.

Masturbation is stimulation of one's own genitals for the purpose of increasing sexual arousal.  So if you slide down a pole or robe intending to have an orgasm, then it is masturbating.

If you don't have an accidental orgasm that way, then it is better if you don't try.  Your chances of having an orgasm are pretty small, and your chance of getting a rope or pole burn (even on your penis) are high.  Anyway, it certainly isn't a practical way to masturbate.  I think you are better off forgetting about trying to have an orgasm that way.

QUESTION: Do you think firemen ever have orgasms sliding down the pole?

No, I don't think so.  Firemen are in a terrific hurry when they go down the pole, and they are wearing a lot of gear.  They wouldn't feel the pole against their penis even if they wanted to.  Also, it's going to be a pretty quick trip down that fire pole.  On the other hand, it takes a guy several minutes to climb a rope and then climb down.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.