Male Masturbation/prone masturbation causing curve

Question
Hi there,

I was reading your site a few days ago, and I was wondering if TMS can cause Penis curve. I'm currently 17, and I've been masturbating in the prone position since I was 12, against my bed at nigh. My penis has a 30-40 degree curve. Could TMS have caused this, and am I in danger of not being able to have sex?

Thanks for your time,

Shaun Mai

Answer
I don't know much about penile curvature, but very few males with a history of masturbating prone have it.  Therefore, I don't believe prone masturbation is a cause of penile curvature.  It's possible you don't even have an issue with penis curve.  It would be worth consulting a doctor about.

I don't think you're in any danger of not being able to have sex.

Prone masturbation, the practice of lying face down and thrusting the penis into or against something, in your case the bed, is a cause of sexual dysfunctions, including retarded ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.  The solution is to give up prone masturbation forever and learn to masturbate by stroking the penis up and down with the hand, as nearly all males do.  You can learn more about prone masturbation and how to overcome it at http://www.healthystrokes.com.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.