Male Masturbation/discussing masturbation

Question
QUESTION: hello, you answered my questions last fall, remember?  i would like to follow up on some of that.  could u help? thanks.

ANSWER: I answer a lot of questions.  I don't specifically remember what you asked me about, but if it's something I knew about last fall, I promise that I still know about that subject tonight.  Feel free to ask away.  I am always glad to help repeat questioners with their situations.  I hope you are doing well.

QUESTION: you said it would be good for me to talk to my friend about it.  i didn't think i could discuss it with my friends and still can't.  but anyway how would it be good for me to talk to my friends?  it's very uncomfortable for me and i don't see what the point is.

Answer
Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  I think it would be easier for you to accept that if you discussed it with one or more of your friends.  That you can't even use the word in writing to me illustrates that immensely.  If you discussed masturbation with a friend of yours even once, it would immediately make it less uncomfortable for you.  You would be more comfortable with the concept of masturbation.  Many males your age discuss masturbation.  There is nothing wrong with you doing so.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.