Male Masturbation/abstaining from masturbation

Hi! I just have some questions regarding something a friend of mine did, and I wonder if its safe to try. He withheld masturbating for a full month then started it up again. He said the sensation was pure bliss. The questions I have are these...
a) Would a lot of semen get ejaculated after not doing it for so long?
b) Does not doing masturbation increase prostate cancer?

If your friend is telling the truth, he is unusual.  Most males can't stop masturbating for a month.  Most who try give up in less than a week.  My guess is the first ejaculation after such a long abstinence would be uncomfortable rather than blissful.  The amount of semen one would ejaculate wouldn't increase that much after about the fifth day.  Once the seminal vesicles were full, the body would slow down its production.  

I once asked in an online survey if the orgasm was better after a period of abstinence.  Most males said it was, and that the peak time to abstain to produce such an ejaculation was three days.  However, most males said they would rather have three ordinary orgasms in that period rather than one excellent one.

A team of doctors led by Dr. Graham Giles found that males who masturbated most often when they were younger had the least incidence of prostate cancer later.  They did this by surveying a group of men with prostate cancer and an age-matched group without it about how often they ejaculated at various points in their lives.  Dr. Giles recommends that younger males masturbate at least six times a week.

That said, I doubt abstaining for one month would make any long-term difference.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.