Male Masturbation/Masturbating prone

Question
I have been masturbating in the prone position since i was about 5, i am now 19. I just recently found out it was unhealthy after searching it up due to the fact i couldnt reach orgasm with any of the girls ive had sex with. I started masturbating noramlly like ive read. I get really close but i cant finish and in order to finish i rub my penis against the bed for about 6 seconds after masturbating normally and then i can finally finish. how long will this take to fix this so i can completely finish masturbating normally? Also once i am able to masturbate and reach orgasm without prone position, how long will it take before i can start reaching orgasm during sex?

Answer
Masturbating is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health, but one should never masturbate in the prone position.  Prone masturbation means to lie face down and thrust your penis into or against something, like a bed or pillow.  Prone masturbation causes sexual dysfunctions in most males who practice it.  To get over prone masturbation, the first step is to quit it and then about a week later you will be able to masturbate by hand like nearly all males do.  To learn more, see http://www.healthystrokes.com.

You can call yourself cured of prone masturbation when you are able to masturbate by hand daily for a month.  Then you will be able to have sex again.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.