Male Masturbation/Wanking and stress

I'm 21. I often find that if I'm stressed, having a wank de stresses me and helps me relax. But is it healthy to wank everytime I'm stressed? I've been rather stressed recently and wanking seems my only way to get out of the stress. As a result I've been wanking up to three times a day. Is this ok?

Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  It is an excellent stress reliever.  Most men your age masturbate about once a day.  Three times a day every day would be an extreme frequency.  If you're using it that often for stress relief, I would suggest finding other things you can do that relieve stress, like exercise and watching videos.  You would probably enjoy masturbating more if you did it less than three times a day.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.