Male Masturbation/Why do we get erections?...

Question
Hello, why do we get erections?. Is it a Pyschological thought, because sometimes just the thought of the naked body can give me an erection(not all the time but sometimes). I thought it was also because of lack of oxygen to the penis, but its usually sexual related with me.

Thanks

Answer
An erection allows the penis to enter a woman's vagina.  That is how babies are made and the species can continue.  A non-erect penis would not be able to enter a vagina.

Males get erections at times when they're not getting ready to penetrate a woman in part because it's good exercise for the penis to get erect frequently and go through the motions of sexual arousal and ejaculation.

Mere sexual thoughts can arouse very young males.  As they get older, it takes more physical stimulation to bring on an erection.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.