Male Masturbation/prone mastrubation

dear sir, my problem is that i have mastrubated prone for 6 months. now i have quit it.i have started kegals as well. i get erections while sitting normally but while lying down i get very less. further more i feel to suffer from premature ejaculation as well.i m un married and virgin.can this situation affect my married life. please tell some way to get back normal.. i m very tensed... thanks..

Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health; but it should never be done in the prone position.  Prone masturbating means to lie face down and thrust the penis into or against something, like a mattress.  

Prone masturbation causes sexual dysfunctions, but premature ejaculation is not one of them.  If you've given up prone and gone back to regular masturbation (stroking up and down the penis with one hand), that's all you need to do.  Enjoy masturbating and don't worry about having done it prone for six months.

To learn more about prone masturbation and how to overcome it, see

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.