Male Masturbation/Masturbation Thoughts / Memories

Question
Dr. Adams,
First I want to thank you for your time for answering question online, after writing in or calling other sex advice bloggers/podcasters. I am a gay male in my late 20s, whom came aware of who he was at about 12, 13 years old. Like most healthy people - gay and straight - those who I find myself sexually attractive to, has gone up, as I've grown up, and I am attractive to and have had boyfriends/sex patenters my age. However every so often when I masturbate, (I usually masturbate 1 or 2 times a day) I would have these memories pop in my head back to when I was in middle school or middle school age at summer camp of "fooling around" with other boys, or in the showers, or just thoughts of boys who I found attractive in my class or camp back when I was 11, 12 ,13 or so. The thing is I am not a pedophile, (even the word creeps me out) have no interest in children, and as I said only find guys my age sometimes a bid older attractive.  To add oddly enough these thoughts or memories only happen while I am depress or feel lonely - around this time of year, when I am clinging to my childhood, ( I think).

My question(s) is a) Am I right that this related to some sort of depression or is it something deeper that maybe happen in my childhood that I blacked out on? b) Have you heard of anything like this before, is it normal? Do other gay males or even straight ones think back to early child fantasy sub constantly while masturbating? Any thoughts would be great.

- Concern Wanker

Answer
You don't report being attracted to males who are 12-13 years old now.  You're only remembering people you have seen.  There is nothing wrong with that. I don't know anything about depression or how it could be connected to that.  Males of all preferences use whatever fantasies work for them.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.