Male Masturbation/Duration

QUESTION: I am 19 years old. How long should I masturbate? I mean how much time should i spend on per masturbate?

ANSWER: Most males your age masturbate to orgasm in about 10 minutes, sometimes less.  It can take twice that and still be OK.  If you're taking 20 minutes or more frequently, you might want to take a 24-hour break.   Some guys finish in 2-5 minutes.  That's OK too.  It's all about what you like.

For more information, see

QUESTION: So if the man eats his own or other cum, is it effect his own health?

ANSWER: Eating his own semen will not cause any problems.  Eating someone else's is unsafe sex.

QUESTION: I use baby oil when i masturbate. Is it ok?

Yes, fine.  Most males your age prefer to use a water-based lube.  Baby oil is oil-based.  I would suggest trying a variety of lubes and seeing what you like best.  Please see here to learn more about the different brands and types of lubes:

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.