Male Masturbation/Female masturbating prone

Question
Hello, I already posted this on your other site but I wasn't sure if it went though so wanted to send you a message on here just in case and so you have my email. Apologies if you received it twice because of it, please just ignore either.

I have been practising a 'form' of prone masturbation for a good few years now. I am certain it is female TMS.

When I was a child, I very innocently and accidentally discovered that balancing my lower regions on a bike seat, and moving about, created a pleasurable experience. I didn't know it was anything sexual at this stage so I continued to do it, on bike seats, edges of chairs, by placing stilts across two tables and using them to balance on etc.

It involved a large amount of pressure being applied- well - my entire body weight really. As I grew older I did it less and less, feeling bad for doing it once I realised that it was something sexual. But every so often I would still do it.

Even now I still do it every so often because sometimes the need is too great, and this is one of the only ways I can experience any kind of sensation at all, never mind orgasm.

Saying that, I have gone months before in the past without trying to masturbate in this way, only to then attempt with my hands, and I still feel absolutely nothing.

My partner has also tried to touch me but is also unable to make me feel anything. We have tried touching, oral sex, fingering etc. But the only way I can feel anything with my partner is by being on top and thrusting against his bent leg. And even then, it is very very rare and random that I will feel anything.

It upsets my partner and me a lot. We just want to express our love and enjoy each other's bodies, but I feel like I prevent us from doing that.

Is there anything else I could try? I'm worried I may have damaged nerve endings or something using too much pressure and force on such sensitive areas and over so many years.

If I went to a doctor about this, would there be anything they may be able to do to help? And would they understand my problem?

It feels so hopeless.

I would give anything for an enjoyable sex life with my partner.

Please help.

Answer
Prone masturbation is a document cause of sexual dysfunction in males.  Masturbating in the prone position causes delayed ejaculation and erectile dysfunction in males.  One can learn more about this at http://www.healthystrokes.com.

It is less clear if this is also a problem for females; it has not been documented specifically.  My research has found that females who masturbate prone are less likely to be orgasmic in intercourse than females who masturbate conventionally.  However, delayed ejaculation/anorgasmia is a rare condition in males but very common in females.  So that makes implicating prone masturbation as the cause more problematic.

Like many women, you have trouble reaching orgasm with a partner.  You seem to believe that prone masturbation is a cause of it.  If you were to follow the same cure regimen I recommend for males, you should give up prone masturbation forever and after a week or two, teach yourself to masturbate to orgasm using only your hand.  Since you have a history of bringing yourself to orgasm, I think you can do it.  As I urge males to do, you should abstain from sexual stimulation with your partner during the time you're trying to learn conventional masturbation.

There is a support group for females in your position available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femaletms.  There is not much activity in the group, but recently a woman or two has posted seeking support.  Perhaps you could find help there too.

I don't think your problem is as desperate as your message indicates.  You can overcome your history of prone masturbation and become sexually successful.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.