Male Masturbation/Clean up of semen

Question
Hello, I am 18 years old guy and I guess my question is gonna sound stupid to you, but I decided to give it it a try and see if someone is going to answer. Well here is the deal: I am afraid/grossed out by semen. If I have sex in a car and get semen on my hands, can I sufficiently clean it with tissues and wet baby wipes, cause obviously there will be no running water and soap? Also how do people open the doors of their rooms after they have sex? With their hands just wiped off the semen, they touch the doorknob? Do they wipe the doorknobs later on? Is semen really sterile? Is it that tough to be cleaned? I just don't want my semen laying around, you know. I usually masturbate in my room and wipe my hands with tissues and baby wipes, after, but I find it difficult to open the door, the way I normally do, in case there might be some leftover semen on my hands.

Thanks

Answer
Semen is a bodily fluid that usually doesn't contain anything harmful.  It can't hurt someone by being gotten on a door handle or car door handle.  If semen bothers you that much, then I think you should plan on using condoms when you have sex.  Condoms do an excellent job of containing nearly all of the semen.  Some guys tie a knot in them as they take them off so they don't leak.

Some males also use condoms for masturbating.

If this is a persistent problem for you, it might be a good idea to seek professional help.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.