Male Masturbation/Prone masturbation recovery

I began to masturbate prone when I was 14. I am now 17 and just discovered a few days ago that prone masturbation is bad for the penis. I found your website and tried out what you said in order to cure my self of future problems. I could not wait a week to masturbate and after two days I did masturbate but I did it the normal way using my hand. Does this mean I'm cured?

If you can masturbate daily for a month using only your hand and not resort to prone, then you're cured.  Most males have to wait a week or almost to do it with their hands.  If you can do it again and again after only a day, then you've made it.  The important thing is to resolve to give up prone forever.  Please continue to follow the advice on

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.