Male Masturbation/Prone masturbation recovery

Question
I began to masturbate prone when I was 14. I am now 17 and just discovered a few days ago that prone masturbation is bad for the penis. I found your website healthystrokes.com and tried out what you said in order to cure my self of future problems. I could not wait a week to masturbate and after two days I did masturbate but I did it the normal way using my hand. Does this mean I'm cured?

Answer
If you can masturbate daily for a month using only your hand and not resort to prone, then you're cured.  Most males have to wait a week or almost to do it with their hands.  If you can do it again and again after only a day, then you've made it.  The important thing is to resolve to give up prone forever.  Please continue to follow the advice on http://www.healthystrokes.com.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.