Male Masturbation/Masturbation & mental illness

Question
This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure how to ask it without going into too much detail, so here it goes; Can people who suffer from mild to severe mental illnesses still masturbate or does the turmoil in the mind of someone suffering from mental illness interfere with the ability to masturbate?

Answer
Most people with mental illness can masturbate as often as they like.  I don't know about people with severe mental illness.  I'm not a medical doctor, but in general, a disease that doesn't impair physiological function ought not impair someone's masturbability.  

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.