Male Masturbation/Can't masturbate conventionally

Question
QUESTION: Im 14 and i have a bit of a wierd way getting off. When i was a toddler i started putting pressure on my semi erect penis with a blanket while laying on my stomach. Ever since i masturbate that way. I want to start doing it the conventional way but it gives me no pleasure. could i have damaged my penis or its nerves? How can i convert? Is this way common at all?

ANSWER: You are masturbating prone, which is a defective way of masturbating, that has been shown to cause sexual dysfunctions in males.   You have not caused permanent damage.  It is fairly easy to change to the conventional way of masturbating, especially at your age.  Simply take a week or so off from masturbating and then learn to masturbate by stroking up and down with your hand.  This page will tell you the steps: http://www.healthystrokes.com.

QUESTION: Thank you for the reply but I have one last question. I've stopped for about 5 days now and I still have no pleasure from conventional way. If I just keep waiting and trying will it eventually work?

Answer
Just concentrate on getting masturbating by hand to work.  Pleasure will happen as you get more accustomed to it.  Sometimes the first few times masturbating by hand after years of prone are not especially enjoyable.  You will like it better and better as you do it more.  Give it time.  

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.