You are here:

Male Masturbation/Race And Masturbation


Hi my question is I have read and heard that White People well White Men more compared to White Women that White Males Masturbate more than Non White Males or Non White People People of other Races other than White is this really true why would this be thank you for your time ?

How Common Is Masturbation, Really?

Partner sex piques interest in solo sex. Post published by Michael Castleman M.A. on Mar 30, 2009 in All About Sex

In this study, white people were the most enthusiastic masturbators. African-Americans, Asian-Americans, and Pacific Islanders reported less masturbation.

Masturbation is very common.  Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  It is not necessary for female sexual health, which explains why fewer females do it, and do it less often.  Males need to eliminate sexual fluids frequently.  But females mostly masturbate for the fun of it.

Race differences appear in a lot of survey research about masturbation.  According to a survey of over 10,000 males by the web site in the second half of 2007, the average male masturbates 6.8 times per week.  The average white male in the survey masturbates 6.83 times per week, and the average black male masturbates 6.05 times per week.  This is a statistically significant difference, meaning that there is a 95% chance that there is a difference in the masturbation rates of blacks and whites and only a 5% chance (or less) that this is a random statistic.  According to this same survey, Asian and Pacific Islander males masturbate an average of 6.32 times per week.  This is also a statistically significant difference with whites (but not with blacks).  Hispanic males masturbate on average 7.19 times per week.  Although highest of the four groups, this is not a statistically significant difference with any of them.

So the survey results are similar to the ones you cited.

Male Masturbation

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Doug Adams, Ph.D.


I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.


I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]