Male Masturbation/Prone masturbation

Question
I have masturbated prone since I was a a toddler without knowing what I was doing and came across it by mistake. Now age 15, is it too late to stop and since I would watch porn when I was, how long should I stop masturbating prone, before I start trying by hand? Thank you

Answer
You are pretty young!  Some males who masturbate prone only started masturbating at your age.  It's good you want to give up masturbating prone (lying face down and thrusting your penis into or against something), because prone masturbation is a cause of sexual dysfunctions in most males who practice it.

Most guys your age quit very easily, relative to adult men.  Decide you're going to give up prone forever and plan to have a week with no masturbating at all.  At the end of that week, you ought to be able to do it by hand.  To learn more about prone masturbation and the troubles it causes and how to stop it forever, see http://www.healthystrokes.com.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.