Male Masturbation/Dark dot on penis

Question
QUESTION: I was masturbating two days ago with lotion and I think I might have got some in my urethra.There was lotion on the head. The day after my urethra hurt for most of the day after I masturbated. Then today I felt way better and tried it twice but again it still hurt the second time. Though it was a little less painful. It really only hurts when I think about after a couple of hours. I am going to stop masturbating for 2-3 days to see if it helps. Did I get lotion in my penis or is it just bruised as I have notice a dark little spot this week on the head of my penis. What should I do? I'm 13 and I have not told my parents about it or have been caught masturbating. I have never had any type of sex do it can't be a STD. Please help!

ANSWER: I think you are being too rough.  A better lube would help.  Water-based lube is better to masturbate with than lotion.  See here to learn about water-based lube: http://www.healthystrokes.com/lube.html.  You don't have to worry about what gets in your urethra if you urinate shortly after you ejaculate.

QUESTION: Hey thanks for the tip I have been less rough and it has worked. But I have noticed that I have a spot in the head of my prnis right near the urethra hole. I had never noticed it before I started masturbating but that could be since I never looked at my penis really that much before. I can't tell if I stucks out or not does that make a difference? I do get pains sometimes but never specifically there sometimes the whole head or the shaft. Is this bad and do I need to see a doctor about it and what do I say? Thanks it is really worrying me.

Answer
Any unusual new growth should be checked out for possible skin cancer.  See a doctor about it soon.  I don't know why you're wondering what to say; why can't you say the same thing to the doctor that you said to me?  Doctors see penises and other private parts every day.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.