Male Masturbation/Penis size at 12

Question
Hi I need some help with something and you seem like the right guy

A couple of days back a friend of mine and I were talking about penis sizes in men.  We're both 35 now.  We started talking about how we all get very horny when we reached puberty.  Then he said that by the time he was 12 years old his size was 5 inches when erect.  I didn't believe him and told him that I knew he was joking.  Then he said that he started going through puberty when he was 10 years old .  That part I believe because some boys do reach puberty early .  I was a late bloomer and started puberty at 12 and still have a size that I'm not very satisfied with.  He told me that because he reached puberty earlier he had 5 inches erect .  I guess I was a bit jealous that his member was quite big even at that age.  So my questions are

1.Is it possible for a 12 year old boy to have a member that is around 5 inches if he  reaches puberty earlier or was he just joking ?  I know 5 inches erect is above average at that 12 but is it possible for some or is that considered abnormal ? (If not 5 atleast 4 inches is definitely possible at that age right ?)

2.Is penis size always connected to rest of the body height ? In other words is it possible for a 12 year old to be of his average height like 5 feet 2 yet a penis that is 5 inches erect ?

Answer
Yes, a male can easily be 5 inches erect at age 12, or even six inches.  The penis grows at puberty and then doesn't grow much after puberty.

The size of body parts varies greatly.  Shoe size is actually a better indicator of penis size than overall height, or hand size.

The best penis size to be is average.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.