Male Masturbation/Unusual masturbation/delayed ejaculation

Question
QUESTION: I've read the information on prone masturbation and I wish I could say that was me, because I have a really unusual technique. As a pre-teen, I started by lying on my back and keeping my underwear on, stroke a certain area of my penis with rapid movements and intense pressure. The area stimulated is just below the glans and on the right side of it. I usually have very intense orgasms doing this. I have been doing this since then and for my entire life. I'm 59 now. I'm afraid that due to the length of time and the unusual method there is no hope of ever being able to ejaculate with a partner. It becomes an emotional issue for me.I haven't had a partner in eight years. For many years I was reticent to attempt to have sex for fear that I would be embarrassed, that I would to have to explain everything.  Please give me some advise.

ANSWER: That is only slightly different from regular masturbation.  I suggest you learn to masturbate by hand and give up your unusual technique.  The plan recommended on http://www.healthystrokes.com can also help you.  I suggest taking a week or two off with no masturbation or other sexual stimulation and then learning to masturbate by hand with no underwear.

QUESTION: I'm sorry, I don't agree that my technique is "slightly different" from regular masturbation. I use my fingers in such a way with fingernail edges (but through the underwear fabric) and stimulate a certain small area of my penis that responds well. There is actually a small area of lighter color skin where the contact is that looks like some skin may have been worn off. I've been trying for over a month to do it the more standard way and with no underwear, but with no success. I can go on for 20 minutes or more, and it is pleasurable, but there just hasn't been the sensations there that are strong enough, I guess, to produce an orgasm. Very frustrating. But it's nothing new. I've been frustrated for a long time. So I finally have to go back to "my method" to get satisfaction.  
What else can I do??

Answer
You're giving up too easily.  Quit your unusual method of masturbating forever, and after a week or two with no sex or masturbation, learn to masturbate by hand, stroking up and down with only one hand, no underwear.  Then work at doing that every day or almost for a month.  You will appreciate regular masturbation more after you've been doing it daily for a few months than when you've only done it once or twice.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.