Male Masturbation/Self-destructive act: masturbation

Question
QUESTION: My experience of negative effect of masturbation is a proof that masturbation is not pleasurable but rather self-destructive. Therefore, the notion that masturbation is healthy and not harmful is an illusion. This is my question:
(a)If a man who play with himself(masturbate) for 3-year decides to give up mastubation for 6 months or a year, will he completely recover?

ANSWER: Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  You are young and ought to accept that.  Most males your age (I'm guessing around 18 since you've been masturbating for 3-4 years) masturbate about once a day and enjoy it greatly.

The only sure way to give up masturbating is to replace it with sexual activity with a partner.  Once your having sex regularly with a partner, you might be able to stop masturbating.

Until then, you won't be giving up masturbating for six months or a year, or at all.

Click here to learn more about the health benefits of frequent masturbation: http://www.healthystrokes.com/promasturbation.html.

QUESTION: With respect, sir or ma'am, you have not directly answered my answer. I repeat: if I give up give up masturbation(practised for 3 years) for 6 months or a year, will I completely recover from all its side effect?

Answer
Masturbating is healthy, not harmful.  If you stop masturbating, you will stop deriving its benefits, which include prostate health and general sexual health.  If you stopped masturbating, your sexual health would decline.

But this is an academic question, because you will not be able to stop masturbating, at least not without taking on a regular sex partner.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.