Management Consulting/Operations Management

Question
Hi I am Harish pursuing my MBA I HAVE BEEN given this case study and I am unable to solve it can u kindly help me with it ASAP

1.
In the table given below the Distribution Manager is expected to service these DCs as per the demands placed. If the actual sales after completing week one is as follows, what would be the quantities that would need amendment as far as Distribution Manager is concerned to service for week two and onwards?
After week one the actual sales to Forecasted sales for week one ratio is as under: Mumbai did 80 % of forecast , Lucknow did 75 % of forecast Kolkata did 60 % of week one forecast Chennai did 125 % of forecast and Delhi did 150 % of week one forecast

Note : Kolkata will receive transit stocks in week 2 .

2.

After working for 30 years, Ramjee Somjee Dutt opted for VRS and started a courier company and did very well in the first four years. He was now looking for expansion of his business and decided to venture into Road transportation business between Chennai and Mumbai and Mumbai and Delhi as he felt that he could do well on this line. However before taking a final decision he hires your Management Consultant firm formed by yourself. He has requested you to work out the Price to quote his clients for these two routes considering the costs involved. He expects to earn a minimum profit of Rs 1000 per day per truck after meeting all expenses. Your analysis of market conditions tell you the following:
Vehicle cost Rs 7 lacs Depreciation 15 % Maintenance costs per day Rs 150 Drivers monthly Salary Rs 5000 : Attendants monthly salary Rs 3000 . Misc expenses Rs 200 per day. Driver allowance is Rs 125 per day and attendant gets Rs 75. Diesel cost per liter is Rs 25 and the vehicle gives an average mileage of 4 km to a liter. The Financial institutions offer loans at 10 % interest pa, which Ramjee has been negotiating. It has been observed that on an average the vehicle covers 400 km per day. The distance between Mumbai to Delhi is 1500 km and Mumbai to Chennai is 1350 km. The driver gets rest day in Mumbai only for one day after they return from any trip.

Answer

THE  FIRST  CASE  ANSWER  IS  DEVELOPED   ON  EXCEL  FORMAT.

I  CANNOT   LOAD  IT  ON  THIS  BOX.

PLEASE  SEND  THE  QUESTION  TO  MY  EMAIL  ID

leolingham2000@gmail.com

I WILL SEND  THE  EXCEL  FORMAT  AS AN ATTACHMENT  IMMEDIATELY.

###########################################################3

In the table given below the Distribution Manager is expected to service these DCs as per the demands
placed. If the actual sales after completing week one is as follows, what would be the quantities that
would need amendment as far as Distribution Manager is concerned to service for week two and
onwards?
After week one the actual sales to Forecasted sales for week one ratio is as under: Mumbai did 80 % of
forecast , Lucknow did 75 % of forecast Kolkata did 60 % of week one forecast Chennai did 125 % of
forecast and Delhi did 150 % of week one forecast

BASED  ON  ONE  WEEK  PERFORMANCE  ,  WE  CANNOT  CHANGE  ANY   FIGURES.
WE  SHOULD  WATCH  ,  AT   LEAST,  4  WEEKS  FIGURES  /  CONSISTENCY.  

Management Consulting

Leo Lingham