Management Consulting/NFL scout

Question
What is a good college if i want to get a degree in sports mangement to eventually be an NFL scout.
         Thanks,
         Gabe

Answer
Hello Gabe,

What a great career direction!  

To be honest, I'm not sure.  But there is a lot of info out there on the web.  I took a quick look and I'm sure with a bit of research you can narrow the field quickly with respect to specific colleges.  I searched "Best colleges for sports management".

You may want to narrow the search to specifically, "NFL Scout".  So, another info avenue to pursue / search is, "how to become an NFL scout".  Lots of stuff out there.

This applies to all careers: What you need most is patience, passion for the specific career field, and perseverance .  If you want it bad enough, you will get there! Values and ethics and behavioral competencies head the top of the roster.  You should familiarize yourself with behavioral competencies (BC's). Said in a negative way, failure to understand and apply BC's does more to ruin and derail careers than other career limiting factor.  Here a great website:

http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/files/attachments/behavioral-anchors-matrix-core-compe

Thanks for your question... wish I could assist further but I have little experience in the NFL Scout career field.

Stay focused!

Mark

Management Consulting

Mark Eichinger