Managing a Business/I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Question
QUESTION: I am very happy i was directed to this website and also very glad i cam across your profile.I have been have strong challenges in my chosen line of business, which is the oil and gas industry. I actually intend to be a broker or a virtual assistant in this area, to help link buyers of petroleum products with the sellers.There are quite a number of small cooperation who buy products like AGO, D2, PMS AND Light crude oil from refineries and bigger Oil companies and in turn link up with broker companies to help them get buyers who sell in the retail market to purchase their products but my challenge has been ...How to get linked up with these small cooperation who buy these products on both sides? How do i promote myself online?How do i get a virtual assistant to help me in my quest ? How do i become a virtual assistant myself? where do i find inexpensive services or better free services to help link me up with good business connections that can help me in my quest in becoming a virtual assistant in this area?How do i win projects in this field and how do i outsource them? I hope i am not asking for too much...Thanks a lot.

ANSWER: Hi Christopher:

1. How to get linked up with these small cooperation who buy these products on both sides?

You'll just need to do a lot of research. Internet, social media networking.

How do i promote myself online?

Be sure to have a website that promotes your business - I'd use a WordPress web site. And then I'd start looking for places to answer questions about your industry - other people's blogs. There is usually contact information on company web sites. There is no magic to this, just a lot of time consuming research.

How do i get a virtual assistant to help me in my quest ?

Do a Google for "Virtual Assistant" and go to www.assistu.com - you will find plenty of people who will want to help.

How do i become a virtual assistant myself?

You can start by downloading my e-book at www.yourvirtualresource.com - that will give ideas on what you need and how to become a VA.

where do i find inexpensive services or better free services to help link me up with good business connections that can help me in my quest in becoming a virtual assistant in this area?

Remember free is just that free - there is usually something attached to getting something for free. And you get what you pay for - so I wouldn't expect too much from free services. You can set up a web site fairly inexpensively at www.prositesetup.com

How do i win projects in this field and how do i outsource them? I hope i am not asking for too much.

You win projects by being competitive and offering a service that is needed and finding the people/companies who need your services. I can help you with outsourcing your projects when you get them.

..Thanks a lot.

Good luck with your quest.

Kathy

QUESTION: Thanks a lot for your reply, it was very helpful, but i would like to ask.. in making my research for potential business connections and trying to get buyers and sellers on both sides, where do i start from? Thanks.

Answer
Hi: I would say that you should find at least one buyer and one seller, figure out how to find others like them on the internet - using keywords to do searches. If you already have some contacts, ask them questions - put a survey on your web site, asking questions about their needs, make sure you collect names and email addresses. Offer free reports from your web site. Try Facebook, linkedin and Twitter - your main objective will be to compile a list of people and start contacting them by phone, mail and email.  Good luck!

Managing a Business

Kathy Sparks