Managing a Business/MS-09,MS-10,MS-11 and MS-91-Jan 2013
Please help me with the below questions.
1. “The Opportunity Cost of a product is the return that can be had from the next best alterative use.” Explain this statement using Production Possibility Curve.
2. Define demand function and explain the impact of price of complements and price of substitutes on demand function.
3. Compare and contrast Economies of Scale and Economies of Scope. Explain why it is important for managers to understand Economies of Scale.
4. Consider a monopolist facing the following demand and cost curves.
P = 50 - 2Q C = 25+10Q
(Hint: Total demand at any point P will be the summation of two quantities)
Suppose the firm is able to separate its customers in two distinct markets with the following demand functions.
P1 = 40 - 2.5Q1 P2 = 90 - 10Q2
From the above equation calculate the following:
i) Total demand
ii) Marginal Revenue
iii) Marginal Cost
5. Do you think Monopoly is undesirable? Take any real life example of monopoly in India and state its advantages and disadvantages.
6. Suppose you are working as a marketing head for an organization producing soft drinks. The company is planning to float a new juice which is blue in color. What lessons from the concept of price elasticity can you draw while fixing the price for this new product?
1)Briefly discuss different approaches to organisation and their relevance. Give examples.
2)What is organisational structure? Briefly describe the inverted pyramid, boundary less and virtual organisation designs. Explain how they meet the challenges of the new environment.
3)Describe emerging trends in work organisations and discuss how it affects the quality of work life with examples.
4)Discuss the importance of organisational diagnosis. Briefly describe questionnaire as diagnostic tool.
5)What are the competencies required for a change agent? Discuss.
1.Explain how does the SWOT analysis helps in formulation of strategies for different business situations. Illustrate your answer with the help of examples.
2.“An organization can choose from different types of Growth Strategies”. Explain any two of the growth strategies you have studied and highlight the conditions under which each is the most appropriate.
3.List out the steps involved in a decision making process. Explain using a hypothetical example how a decision making process can be followed using the steps listed by you.
4.Explain the concept of Critical Success Factors (CSF’s). Discuss with the help of an example the role of CSF’s for an organization in a highly competitive market.
1.Discuss the managerial role of Board of Directors (BoDs). What in your opinion should be the managerial role of BoDs in the present context? Explain giving examples.
2.There are different approaches to global entry. What in your opinion is the best approach and why? Explain.
3.What are the benefits of Knowledge Management? Discuss.
4.`Managers should hold and develop a deeper knowledge of the nature of ethical principles and concepts and an understanding of how these apply to ethical problems encountered in business’. Explain.
5.Suppose you are working in a bank. What kind of social audit process should the bank perform and why?
6.Suppose you are working in a creative/innovative organization. Identify the characteristics of this organization. Also find out how it has used its creativity as one of its strategies?
ALL QUESTIONS / ANSWERS ARE READY.
ALL ANSWERS CANNOT FITTED HERE DUE TO SPACE CONSTRAINT.
PLEASE FORWARD THESE QUESTIONS TO MY EMAIL ID
I will send ALL the ANSWERS asap.