Managing a Business/ms 100 synopsis
please sir send me the solve synopsis with sequencing arrange format of HR topic .The title is recruitment and selection in wipro.thanx
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION TECHNIQUES
A. RATIONALE FOR THE STUDY
In today's rapidly changing business environment, organizations have to respond quickly to requirements for people. Hence, it is important to have a well-defined recruitment policy in place, which can be executed effectively to get the best fits for the vacant positions. Selecting the wrong candidate or rejecting the right candidate could turn out to be costly mistakes for the organization. Selection is one area where the interference of external factors is minimal. Hence the HR department can use its discretion in framing its selection policy and using various selection tools for the best results. These caselets discuss the importance of having an effective recruitment and selection policy
People are the most powerful assets of the company and the ability to choose the right people is most strategic for any company, today. Companies across the globe lay critical emphasis on human resources and in the process, newer methods have evolved to enable them right people for the right job at the right time.
Recruitment and selection is an ongoing process. A diversifying enterprise necessitates recruiting and selecting right kind of candidates for employment. The rationale for the study is to determine the present and future requirement of the organization and increase the success rate of the process by reducing the number of unqualified candidates. The process helps to differentiate between applicants in order to identify those with a greater likelihood of success in a job. Recruitment and Selection are often used interchangeably; however recruitment refers to the process of identifying prospective candidates for the job, while selection refers to picking the right candidate for the job.
B. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The broad objectives of the proposed study are as under,
1. To determine present and future requirement to the organization in conjunction with its personnel planning and job analysis activities.
2. Increase the pool of job candidates at minimum cost.
3. Identifying and preparing potential job applicants who will be appropriate for the job.
4. Help increase the success rate of the selection process by reducing the number of unqualified candidates.
5. Helps reduce the probability that job applicants, once recruited and selected, will leave the organization after a short time.
6. Increase the organization and individual effectiveness in the short and long term.
C. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
To carry out the research effectively, the understated research methology shall be adopted for the purpose.
I. Preliminary Investigation
1. All literatures, tapes and films on the proposed study available from libraries / Websites shall be examined to get acquainted with the topic of study. Referring books on the proposed study available from libraries.
2. The conceptual literature concerning the concepts and theories of the Recruitment and Selection Techniques shall be reviewed.
3. Websites shall be examined to get acquainted with the topic of the study.
II. Research Design and Hypothesis
III. Period of Study
The proposed study shall be covering the period from 1st January 2007 to 31st December 2008.
IV. Sampling Universe:
Primary Data: Indian Companies
Secondary Data: Library and Websites
V. Sampling Technique:
Primary Data: Random Sampling
Secondary Data: Judgmental Sampling
VI. Sample Size:
Primary Data: Recruitment and Selection Techniques conducted in two or more companies
Secondary Data: Recruitment and Selection Techniques available through books and websites
VII. Types of Data:
1. Primary Data
2. Secondary Data
VIII. Data Sources:
The Data for proposed study shall be sourced from:
1. All the interviewers would be interviewed with the help of preconceived sets of questionnaire prepared.
2. The interview process carried by the interviewers would also be observed.
It would be collected from the text books available in the library such as:
1. K. Aswathappa.
And by referring some websites such as:
IX. Data Collection:
Primary data shall be collected by the interview scheduled.
Secondary Data shall be collected from the newsletter, newspapers, magazines and websites mentioned above.
X. Tools and Techniques of Analysis:
D. EXPECTED CONTRIBUTION FROM THE STUDY
The expected contribution from the proposed study is as under,
1. For the recruiters proposed study may act as supplementary tool for making decision with respect to their recruitment and selection process and supplement individual and professional growth.
2. The propose study may act as the base for the identification of the future needs of the company and can plan their recruitment and selection need accordingly.
3. The proposed study shall assist academicians and other research students in their research which is similar to the proposed study.
E. SCOPE, LIMITATIONS, IF ANY, AND THE DIRECTION FOR FUTURE RESEARCH
The Scope of proposed study
The Study would provide with the clear understanding and implementation of recruitment and selection techniques carried out in various companies in India
The limitations of proposed study
The study is restricted to the recruitment and selection process of the two or more Indian companies
Direction for future research
The future study can cover the companies which would be in that time considered as a benchmark and also the companies other the Indian companies could be considered.