Managing a Business/Pausing Jukebox at Closing

Question
Hi there!

I am training to be a Store Manager, and one of the most recent conflicts that came up is the use of our digital jukebox. We have two regulars who come in and spend big money on our jukebox, as well as pizza and beer. Unfortunately, it tends to block out people who have also put money in. Our store calls for no refunds, but I also have considered going as far as pausing the jukebox right at closing.  We cannot monitor everyone's use of the jukebox, but we also shouldn't let people stay if they are not buying food. I feel like if we let them stay, it racks up our labor cost because we cannot close the restaurant, so we have to wait to finish closing up. On the other hand, it doesn't feel "fair" because they didn't hear their song. Other non-affiliated companies have paused the jukebox right at the end of the night, but that doesn't always mean it's right.

Do you think it's fair that people should wait to hear their songs, or am I justified in pausing the jukebox at the of the night? I feel like pausing the jukebox discourages future use so that they don't feel obligated to stay. Please let me know what your opinion is on this. Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Answer
You are  justified in pausing the jukebox, because
-if you  don’t , It  increases  your  direct  overheads  costs.
-which  means  less  profit.
MY SUGGESTION,
PUT  A  NOTICE  BOARD
Warning  the  patrons  the  closing time
And  pausing  of  the  jukebox.

SET  A  WARNING  BELL,  WHICH  SHOULD  RING  AUTOMATICALLY   10  MINS  BEFORE  THE  CLOSING.

REGARDS
LEO  LINGHAM

Managing a Business

Leo Lingham