Managing a Business/Accounting

How might the materiality threshold level set for negative deviations differ between a small and large business?

Hi Laura,

I am not an expert in this section but would try to explain you the details as below:

Materiality is the concept or convention for budgeting or auditing in small and large scale businesses. It helps the auditors in assessing the financial statements prepared with reference to the accounting principles. There are different governing bodies which have set the threshold for determining the materiality and this threshold varies for large and small scale industries depending on the organizational structure, business vision, range of estimation and range of outcomes.
The other details on this section can be found here:

Please go through the link and check the details. In case of any doubts, please revert.

Managing a Business

Aniket S Sharma

I can answer questions related to business analysis, requirements gathering and management, requirements assessment, solution validation and assessment, Risk analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT analysis, knowledge areas of business analyst, Use Case estimation, Functional and Non-functional requirements, business case and plan, business communication, presentation skills, conflict management, ITIL processes, Service Operation, Service Transition, Change Management, Problem Management, Incident management and many more.

6 years in IT business analysis

Tieto Software Technologies Ltd.

Publications Amazon, Smashwords, Lulu,, Payhip : A Quick Reference to Business Analysis

B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering), ITIL certified, Program and Project Management from IIT Kanpur-India, IIBA Endorsed Business Analysis Training.