Managing a Business/Start of Business

Respected Sir

This is Venu from India
I would like to know a little bit of valuable information from you regarding starting & marketing of business

Presently I am working in a private company. I started my career at the age of 15 years and now I am of 46. I attained my MCom., MBA., degrees while working. Till date, I earned nothing. I clearly know, the growth opportunities are also ZERO

Hence, I want to start a business. I can afford to invest some amount. But I am unable to decide which is best business. I am thinking more about high quality soap making business without using animal fats like lard or tallow and detergents of regular home use. I don't know any thing about marketing

Could you please guide me in this connection. I understand that there are some mentors, who can guide each and every moment. Are there any agencies, that provide marketing tie up with clients or guiding agencies on marketing

Please guide me

Thanking you
Yours faithfully

Marketing is not my strong point.  I'm an entrepreneurship person.

Since this is a new business, the first thing you need to do is run this through what I call the "opportunity filter".  There are several criteria an opportunity must meet to be considered attractive:

First it must solve a problem.  There should be some consumer "pain".  Second it should be 10X better than the other options out there for solving the same problem.  Here is the classic list of characteristics of a good opportunity...

- Creates/adds value for buyer/user
-  Attractive to the entrepreneur
-  Good fit with the team
-  Durable (profits will persist)
-  Can be financed

I hope this helps.

Managing a Business

Brad Poulos

I can answer any kind of general management question for a small or medium sized business. I have knowledge in legal, financial, operations, and business development/marketing issues in businesses ranging from 5 to 500 employees.

I have 15 years in progressively more senior positions at Telesat Canada. For the past 15 years I have been building small businesses and selling them. I sold my company in 2005 and became CEO of the parent company, which was publicly traded. I have been consulting and teaching college for the past five years, so i have been able to see many different clients' issues, and how to solve them.

Wireless Telecom Canadian Business

Associate Engineer - DeVry 1983 Master of Business Administration - Ivey Business School (University of Western Ontario) 1996

Telesat Canada The Busholme Inn The Cataract Inn Gallery Metalworks Enable Training and Consulting