Managing a Business/Start up Business Entity Name.

Dear David‎‎

Start up Business Entity give names to their co by First Name, Last Name and any other name to create Brand/s.

There are nine planets in the Solar System.

Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, Mercury, Saturn.

Giving A Startup Co name that to a existing planet name would also be nice ?.

For examples :

Pluto Restaurant
Uranus IT Services Pvt Ltd
Saturn Glass Manufacturers
Mercury Detective Agency
Mars Motor Driving School

What is your opinion ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant

Why not?  It is a good idea.  I do have some remarks, though.

Each planet has a different association.  Maybe these are different in Indian culture.  In European cultures, for example, Mars is male and warlike. Venus is feminine and romantic, maybe erotic.  Jupiter is big, jolly and generous. Saturn is stern, etc. When choosing the planet you need to be aware of these associations in all cultures from which your customers might come.

Uranus is potentially the victim of some rude word association in English so I'd avoid that.

Your business name needs to be easy and logical to spell and easy to say over the phone. You need to be able to register a domain name that matches the business name.  If you are dealing with different cultures you need to be sure that your business name does not have some embarrassing or negative meaning to people in the other cultures.

It is a good idea to ask a sample of potential customers what they think of your proposed business name and what associations it brings to their minds.

Should you need some help with your business procedure manual or issue management, please don't hesitate to visit my website and contact me.

Managing a Business

David Stephensen

I can answer questions about all aspects of designing and producing procedures manuals for small and medium sized businesses, including managing the documentation project, the analysis that leads to the design of the manual, business writing, publishing the business manual, educating the staff about continuous improvement and using ISO 9001. You can find out more at my website and sign up to receive my blog.

UNIVERSITY STUDENTS FROM INDIA AND PAKISTAN (and everywhere else, too) PLEASE NOTE: I do not have time to complete your assignments for you. Please do not paste questions from your assignments into a request for my help. If you ask me a specific question in your own words and fool me into thinking you are a business person by your interest in and commitment to the subject then I will answer you.

I have been a professional technical communicator and information designer since 1992 and have worked in business process analysis since 1998. I have produced procedures manuals for businesses and software user manuals that reflect business processes. I also provide internal quality auditing services. I have created a template for small and medium business operations manuals.

B.Sc. (University of Queensland), B.Ed. (Tasmania University)

Excellence Award in the Society for Technical Communication Australia Chapter On-line Communications Competition, 2009, for Keech Australia's procedure manual 'The Way We Do Things'

Merit Award in the Society for Technical Communication Australia Chapter On-line Communications Competition, 2006, for the CPA Australia Event Scheduling Application User Manual

Merit Award in the Society for Technical Communication Australia Chapter On-line Communications Competition, 2005 for the Lensworth Customer Relationship Management User Manual