Managing a Business/Start up Business Entity Name.

Dear Aniket‎‎

Start up Business Entity give names to their co by First Name, Last Name and any other name to create Brand/s.

There are nine planets in the Solar System.

Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, Mercury, Saturn.

Giving A Startup Co name that to a existing planet name would also be nice ?.

For examples :

Pluto Restaurant
Uranus IT Services Pvt Ltd
Saturn Glass Manufacturers
Mercury Detective Agency
Mars Motor Driving School

What is your opinion ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

A name given to any venture represents the brand of that venture. There is no rule in selecting the name of the venture and you can name anything until its not offensive or registered by someone else.
Most of the times the name suggest something about your business like "Flipkart" which means "kart prepared with the items which can be flipped like flipping the pages i.e. books". But gradually when the brand became famous, they started selling other products.
On the other hand companies like "Godrej", "Mahindra", "Tata" etc are named after the names of the founders.

So it entirely depends on the owner to choose the name. You can select any planet name but be sure how you do the branding. e.g. "Mars Motor Driving School", I have to write full name to get it recognized but if I say "Zigwheels", with the name itself I am able to recognize that it is related with wheels and in turn automobiles.

"Pluto Restaurant" > Nice name, just think how you convince people to come to "Pluto".

I hope you understand my points. For further queries, feel free to write...

Managing a Business

Aniket S Sharma

I can answer questions related to business analysis, requirements gathering and management, requirements assessment, solution validation and assessment, Risk analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT analysis, knowledge areas of business analyst, Use Case estimation, Functional and Non-functional requirements, business case and plan, business communication, presentation skills, conflict management, ITIL processes, Service Operation, Service Transition, Change Management, Problem Management, Incident management and many more.

6 years in IT business analysis

Tieto Software Technologies Ltd.

Publications Amazon, Smashwords, Lulu,, Payhip : A Quick Reference to Business Analysis

B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering), ITIL certified, Program and Project Management from IIT Kanpur-India, IIBA Endorsed Business Analysis Training.