Managing a Business/head chef answers

Question
Hey there leo,
I was just wanting to get your input on a couple of things if you could help with them.
I am a head chef of a kitchen team of 6-chefs and 8-kitchen hands
We average round 900-1400ppl on a weekly basis.
Food costs are averaging 38-42% which is high for a buffet, What would be some good tips to help with this? (I have reviewed all food costs and pricing etc)
We also have 4-kitchen staff on during the day, and 2-4 depending on the bookings (we can double the booking numbers on average some days) but our labour is also sitting way to high on 38%, I have cut shifts down too. Is there anything that i should be looking at to reduce these costs?
There are 3 new chefs that have come on to the team in the past 3 months whom i am still training and having trouble with them under minding me! I want to know is a age a factor in management? I am half the ages of 2 new chefs and am finding that they are the hardest ones to teach how we do things in our kitchen!..
any comments are very helpful!
Thank you in advance leo

Answer
*******************************
*conduct  a  weekly  audit  of  the  food cost
*try  to reduce  the  overheads
*change  food mix
*increase  the  food pricing
*increase  the  sales
AIM   FOR  FOOD  COSTS = 30-35 %
AT  THE  FIRST  INSTANT
************************************

*IMPROVE   EFFICIENCY
*IMPROVE   THE  PRODUCTIVITY
*INCREASE   THE  BUSINESS  VOLUME
WITH   THE  SAME  NO.  OF  STAFF
*OFFER   BONUS --PAY  FOR  PERFORMANCE
**********************************
any comments are very helpful!
Thank you in advance leo

*YES, SOMETIMES  AGE   DO  AFFECT  CERTAIN   BEHAVIOUR.
*CONDUCT  A  PERFORMANCE  APPRAISAL.
*PUT  THE  2  ON  ALERT---PERFORM  AS REQUIRED   OR  LEAVE.
=====================

Managing a Business

Leo Lingham