Managing a Business/Luck factors contributing to business success.

Dear Brad

How much do you contribute to luck factor in % for Business success?.

You can't put a % on it but luck is a factor.  However there's an old proverb that luck is where opportunity and preparation meet.  Both of those are under your control. You create opportunity by being active, networking, being a contributor etc. and you create preparation by becoming a high performer, learning your trade and your market, etc.
Then one day the right thing "clicks".  If you never prepare it doesn't matter what comes your way you can't take advantage of it...

Managing a Business

Brad Poulos

I can answer any kind of general management question for a small or medium sized business. I have knowledge in legal, financial, operations, and business development/marketing issues in businesses ranging from 5 to 500 employees.

I have 15 years in progressively more senior positions at Telesat Canada. For the past 15 years I have been building small businesses and selling them. I sold my company in 2005 and became CEO of the parent company, which was publicly traded. I have been consulting and teaching college for the past five years, so i have been able to see many different clients' issues, and how to solve them.

Wireless Telecom Canadian Business

Associate Engineer - DeVry 1983 Master of Business Administration - Ivey Business School (University of Western Ontario) 1996

Telesat Canada The Busholme Inn The Cataract Inn Gallery Metalworks Enable Training and Consulting