Managing a Business/Mechanical combination Lock for Automobiles.

Dear Ken

Is it possible to provide mechanical combination Lock for the front door of the driver's seat in the four Wheeler vehicles viz cars, jeeps, trucks, buses etc?.

Do you feel that this could add Security to the four Wheeler vehicle against thefts?.

Do you feel that this could be a good Business product line startup for a manufacturing co Catering to automobile sector?.

Hello Prashant,

Combination locks were introduced on automobiles almost a hundred years ago. The first patent was filed in 1917. They became popular and were used on many automobiles until the advent of key fobs and touch recognition. I can't say for certain, but I don't believe they are still provided by any manufacturers.

If someone wants to steal a vehicle there's very little a door lock can do to stop them. A sophisticated car thief can get into most automobiles in a matter of seconds.

Warm regards,

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch

My business and management expertise covers: Strategic Planning Business Operations Marketing/Sales/Business Development Manufacturing Engineering

I've started multiple businesses and managed others businesses, as president, in my 45 year career. I've worked for large multi-nationals as well as small businesses, both public and private. I've written an eBook on business capture management which can be found on my Web site: I am finalizing a general business book which I plan to publish this year. The book is an encyclopedia of business information.

I'm a top contributor in LinkedIn's Harvard Business Review Group. I co-manage The Cultural Heritage Business & Law World Forum.

The Harvard Business Review is publishing a short piece on innovation in the upcoming September edition.

BSME Mechanical Engineering Non-degree graduate work at the Thunderbird School of Global Management

I formally retired from the corporate world last year. I've since started a consulting and executive coaching business called LAUNCH™ Business Consulting. Information on all my current clients is confidential.