Managing a Business/Employer - Employee Role.

Dear George

Do you feel statistically Employee becoming Employer will be more than Employer becoming Employee ?.

Dear Prashant,

I do not have any statistic about the figure. But, it looks like that the situation in HRM, Recruitment, may be concerned.

Usually the employee or staff member is younger than the employer or line manager due to the succession arrangement in HRM. Also, an employer may have more skill and experience than the employee. Such experienced person will be more likely become the employer rather than employee. And, it may be true to the personal value of an experienced candidate to look for a better job title. So, it may be more likely that employee becoming employer will be more than employer becoming employee. All of them are the factors in HRM Recruitment. So, I consider that your statement is right. How do you consider?

Your sincerely,

Managing a Business

George Chan

I can answer the question about strategy management, IT management, production management, hospitiality management, sales management, marketing management, HR management, financial management.

19 years office IT working experience in private companies and volunteer working experience in non-profit making organisations.

Committee member of the Younger Managers' Club of the Hong Kong Management Association, Youth Affairs Officer of the Shatin Junior Chamber, Member of YWCA.

BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information System, BA in Business Information System, NVQ/3 in Customer Service, NVQ/3 in Management, NVQ/3 in Industrial and Business Administration.

Chartered IT Professional Member of the British Computer Society, Associate of the Chartered Management Institute, Associate Member of the Leadership and Management Institute.

Currently working in Sompo Japan Insurance (HK) Co. Ltd. Used to work for Ericsson, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, ANZ Bank, Sing Tao Newspaper, My Jewelry (jewelry retail chain), The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, CIBC CEF, HSBC Insurance, AXA Sime Assurance Ltd., OMIC & Associates Ltd.