Managing a Business/Bird logo brands.

Question
Dear Brian

Do you recommend to have the brand name for a New Business entity startup for a travel Agency as Flamingo travels and Flamingo airlines for airlines operator?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant

as a startup why would you have the name of something that already exists?
Flamingo Travels exists in Gudujat in India
Flamingo Air exists in the USA

Brand names like any other marketing tool have to have real meaning and appeal so some bird names and appearances can bring the image of the exotic. Knocking off someoneelses' brand is not good marketting even if it is a way of life in some parts of the world.

Tacking the words travel or airlines on to the name of an exotic bird is so twentieth century in the twenty-first century why not just use the name Flamingo to which you can attach catchy slogans  like gets you there or the best in air

Now you have picked my brain go use your own

Managing a Business

Brian Thompson