Managing a Business/Bird logo brands.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Ken

Do you recommend to have the brand name for a New Business entity startup for a travel Agency as Flamingo travels and Flamingo airlines for airlines operator?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Hello Prashant,

Thank you for your question!

It is so important when establishing a brand to differentiate. You want to stand out and not be confused with other companies. You want to optimize your search engine exposure (SEO). You want your logo to be memorable.

If you Google Flamingo travel you'll get over 5 million hits; it's a very crowded space. There are so many companies using Flamingo that it would be perplexing to customers to find you in particular. It could also become a deterrent to customer loyalty; if another Flamingo comes up when someone is looking for you they might not care and just use them.

I would consider another name. If your agency is working with a specific region exclusively, you may want to include the region in the name. It would be good for your marketing. If you cater to a specific clientele, it may be effective to add that to the name. In this type of business the more specific you can be in the name, the more attraction you'll have for customers.

Prashant, please let me know if you want to discuss this further.

Warm regards,

Ken

QUESTION: Dear Ken

Can you suggest some bird names for a travel Agency or airlines operator Business entity startup?.

Examples - Falcon, Ostrich etc

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Dear Prashant,

If you're going to use a bird, I would use majestic flying birds, such as Eagle. don't use a bird that is grounded, such as an Ostrich.

I recommend you go to: stocklogos.com and search travel agency, you'll get lots of really good suggestions.

Good luck!

Warm regards,

Ken

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch