Managing a Business/Professional corporate logo creation.

Dear Ken

Do you feel that corporate logo creation could be a good Business to tap?.

I. E Logo designing service.

Skillsets required would be Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw

Hi Prashant,

Nice to hear from you again!

Creative businesses such as you describe are plentiful, but if you offer a great service at the right price you can compete very well. Just like any other business, Prashant, to be successful you must try to differentiate.

Since you'll be competing with low cost online services as well as established branding houses, ways to differentiate would be:

- Offer cost effective trademark/service mark services for the name and logo.
- Provide cost competitive web site services to incorporate the logo/brand for customers.
- Provide free upfront consultations.
- Offer printing services for the various documents where the logo will be used.

Branding houses offer many of these services but are usually expensive.

The other nice thing about a business such as this are the referrals they generate. If you do a good job customers will help you multiply your sales. Plus, with each logo you develop you'll be building a portfolio that you can show to prospects and on your Web site (you've got to have a great Web site}.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch

My business and management expertise covers: Strategic Planning Business Operations Marketing/Sales/Business Development Manufacturing Engineering

I've started multiple businesses and managed others businesses, as president, in my 45 year career. I've worked for large multi-nationals as well as small businesses, both public and private. I've written an eBook on business capture management which can be found on my Web site: I am finalizing a general business book which I plan to publish this year. The book is an encyclopedia of business information.

I'm a top contributor in LinkedIn's Harvard Business Review Group. I co-manage The Cultural Heritage Business & Law World Forum.

The Harvard Business Review is publishing a short piece on innovation in the upcoming September edition.

BSME Mechanical Engineering Non-degree graduate work at the Thunderbird School of Global Management

I formally retired from the corporate world last year. I've since started a consulting and executive coaching business called LAUNCH™ Business Consulting. Information on all my current clients is confidential.