Managing a Business/eBooks Designing for Publishers.

Question
Dear Ken

Do you consider as a good business revenue by Designing ebooks for Publishers as clients?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello Prashant,

As an author (my new business book, "Business Brainfood" will be published in the near future) I can tell you this is a very crowded market space. There are a number of very well known services for publishing ebooks: Smashwords, Amazon, Reedsy, Lulu, Agora, to name a few. They all have in-house design. Outside that there are hundreds of companies that provide various services to authors, including design.

Having said that, if you could differentiate yourself from the crowd, and offer a competitive price, there might be a chance of success. The trick would be to get in front of the right people, not an easy feat in the publishing business.

There are various LinkedIn Groups that focus on writing and publishing, join a few and participate in, or start some discussions to get more advice.

Warm regards,

Ken

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch