Managing a Business/eBooks Designing for Publishers.

Dear Ken

Do you consider as a good business revenue by Designing ebooks for Publishers as clients?.

Hello Prashant,

As an author (my new business book, "Business Brainfood" will be published in the near future) I can tell you this is a very crowded market space. There are a number of very well known services for publishing ebooks: Smashwords, Amazon, Reedsy, Lulu, Agora, to name a few. They all have in-house design. Outside that there are hundreds of companies that provide various services to authors, including design.

Having said that, if you could differentiate yourself from the crowd, and offer a competitive price, there might be a chance of success. The trick would be to get in front of the right people, not an easy feat in the publishing business.

There are various LinkedIn Groups that focus on writing and publishing, join a few and participate in, or start some discussions to get more advice.

Warm regards,

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch

My business and management expertise covers: Strategic Planning Business Operations Marketing/Sales/Business Development Manufacturing Engineering

I've started multiple businesses and managed others businesses, as president, in my 45 year career. I've worked for large multi-nationals as well as small businesses, both public and private. I've written an eBook on business capture management which can be found on my Web site: I am finalizing a general business book which I plan to publish this year. The book is an encyclopedia of business information.

I'm a top contributor in LinkedIn's Harvard Business Review Group. I co-manage The Cultural Heritage Business & Law World Forum.

The Harvard Business Review is publishing a short piece on innovation in the upcoming September edition.

BSME Mechanical Engineering Non-degree graduate work at the Thunderbird School of Global Management

I formally retired from the corporate world last year. I've since started a consulting and executive coaching business called LAUNCH™ Business Consulting. Information on all my current clients is confidential.