Managing a Business/Trade Fairs and Exhibitions participations.

Dear Ken

Can it help in Promoting Business for the company By participating in Exhibitions
by displaying their products and services ?.

Hello Prashant,

However, there are rules for increasing the return on investment.

1. Get the best location you can. You want to be near other companies that generate a lot of traffic, or in locations that naturally have a lot of traffic, by an entrance for example.
2. You want your booth to stand out and be eye-catching. You also want the booth to say what it is that your selling, if people have to guess when they look at you, they won't stop.
3. Have some promotional handouts to attract people. Make sure it's something they can use and cause them to remember the company.  
4. Send out notices to customers and prospects beforehand asking them to please stop by, and if you can, arrange appointments at the booth.
5. Have a prearranged sales pitch, and when someone shows interest don't just ask can I help you, launch into the pitch.
6. Capture the contact information for anyone that stops in, even if they're not interested. You can work on the lead later.
7. If you have to send additional information, have further contact, or just follow-up with prospects, make sure it's done as soon as possible, as the visit to the booth is still fresh in their minds.
8. If you plan on attending additional exhibitions make a list of things that worked and didn't. This will help make the next one better.

Warm regards,

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch

My business and management expertise covers: Strategic Planning Business Operations Marketing/Sales/Business Development Manufacturing Engineering

I've started multiple businesses and managed others businesses, as president, in my 45 year career. I've worked for large multi-nationals as well as small businesses, both public and private. I've written an eBook on business capture management which can be found on my Web site: I am finalizing a general business book which I plan to publish this year. The book is an encyclopedia of business information.

I'm a top contributor in LinkedIn's Harvard Business Review Group. I co-manage The Cultural Heritage Business & Law World Forum.

The Harvard Business Review is publishing a short piece on innovation in the upcoming September edition.

BSME Mechanical Engineering Non-degree graduate work at the Thunderbird School of Global Management

I formally retired from the corporate world last year. I've since started a consulting and executive coaching business called LAUNCH™ Business Consulting. Information on all my current clients is confidential.