Managing a Business/Supermarkets in Rural areas.

Dear Ken

Do you feel Supermarkets business can be successful in Rural areas?.

Hello Prashant,

I hope all is well.

As you know, supermarkets have a great deal more overhead than regular markets. They require a large customer base just to break even. A rural area would have to have the population to support the business, and its competitors. In the U.S. a distinction is made between suburban and rural areas. Suburban cities and towns are able to support supermarkets, but rural areas are not. An exception might be a location off an interstate highway where there is access to a number of rural areas. In that case customers will drive from a rural area to shop.

Warm regards,

Managing a Business

Ken Tasch

My business and management expertise covers: Strategic Planning Business Operations Marketing/Sales/Business Development Manufacturing Engineering

I've started multiple businesses and managed others businesses, as president, in my 45 year career. I've worked for large multi-nationals as well as small businesses, both public and private. I've written an eBook on business capture management which can be found on my Web site: I am finalizing a general business book which I plan to publish this year. The book is an encyclopedia of business information.

I'm a top contributor in LinkedIn's Harvard Business Review Group. I co-manage The Cultural Heritage Business & Law World Forum.

The Harvard Business Review is publishing a short piece on innovation in the upcoming September edition.

BSME Mechanical Engineering Non-degree graduate work at the Thunderbird School of Global Management

I formally retired from the corporate world last year. I've since started a consulting and executive coaching business called LAUNCH™ Business Consulting. Information on all my current clients is confidential.