Managing Your Time Effectively/Time Management Problems

I have a problem with managing my time well when I face the computer or basically any form of technology. I usually go online with the notion of finishing my assignments but 10 minutes later I find myself browsing some social website. My teacher has said rather unhelpfully that it's normal for teenagers to be hooked on the web. But I feel that it is starting to negatively affect my lifestyle and my grades, what should I do to overcome such problems?

Hi Isabel;
In a way your teacher is right, what you are going through is normal and not just for kids--I am guilty of it too!
It is usually when I don't want to get to work and I would rather 'play' than face reality.
There is a way of getting yourself over this. You have to 'ear' the right to play.
Such as: I have to get all of the 'have to's' done and then I can play without feeling guilty and for as long as I want to. If I once start to play, it seems like I never get around to the have to's or I do it sloppy. So, you see, you are not the only one with this problem.
Just set a time limit on how long it should take you to get your work finished and then you have earned the right to play.
I set my kitchen timer so that I have to get my work finished by this time in order to 'earn' the right to play. It never fails me---I always make my time limit....if I don't, I have messed up and I don't get to play. It takes a little getting used to but hold yourself accountableand it will work for you too.
Good luck
Jan Hayner

Managing Your Time Effectively

Jan Hayner

I can give you tips and hints on how to use your time efficiently, shortcuts to make this possible and the importance that great time management can have on every aspect of your life, home, job and family relationships.

I am a Professional Organizer and one of my specialties is 'time managment'. I am an advocate of the saying "Work Smarter-Not Harder' and I show you ways to accomplish this through smart and efficient time management.