Manilow, Barry/Getting rights to a song

Hi! I have been trying for weeks to get in contact with someone that can help me get rights to Daybreak for a play. Can you help? I've emailed and made calls, trying to reach BMG, who appears to hold publishing rights. I've also tried to reach Gerry Keif through Stiletto Entertainment, and heard back from them saying they don't handle this. I am at a loss!

Hello, Vicki!

Thank you for contacting me through All Experts.  I also apologize for the delay in responding to your question.  As for getting the rights to Daybreak, you are on the right track contacting BMG, who has the publishing rights.  Permission to use the song in a play would have to come from the music publisher.  Hopefully, you will hear something from them (BMG)soon.  You certainly have covered all the bases by contacting Barry's Manager, Garry Kief, at Stiletto Entertainment as well.  I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to  use Daybreak for a play.

Take care and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Laurie :)  

Manilow, Barry

Laurie Wheeler

I will do my very best to answer any and all questions about Barry Manilow and his phenomenal career in a timely, informative and professional-like manner.

I have been a Barry Manilow fan ever since "Mandy", and I have an extensive collection of his recordings, videos and DVDs from his first album to the present date. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Barry, and I respect and admire him tremendously.

I have been a member of the Barry Manilow International Fan Club for 38 years, and I have been a lifetime member since 1991.
You can find me on My Manilow Network at
Please check out my Barry Manilow web page at
Please feel free to contact me on Facebook at I am also the Administrator of the Manilow Magic BMFC (Barry Manilow Fan Club) on Facebook and the Fans of Barry Manilow Band/Musician page on Facebook.

I am a graduate of Grand Blanc High School, and I have an Associate's Degree in the Medical Secretarial field from Baker College of Flint, Michigan.