Manilow, Barry/"Manilow" 1985 songs sung in Italian

Question
Hi John, in answering someeone else's question, you said, "I have a copy of "Manilow" {1985} which has some of the songs {Amare Chi Se Manchi Tu, Con Chi Sei} are sung in Italian."

Do you have this album on CD or LP? (And if you have it on LP, do you know if it ever came out on CD?) I know it at least exists on LP but trying to find out if it's something I can buy on CD (being out of print, it will be hard to find). Last night I ordered the Japanese version of 1985's "Manilow" and I'm happy to say it was on CD! This makes me think the Italian version would be on CD, too, but can't be sure. I can answer the rest of that question that was asked about foreign versions. Yes, Barry sings one song in Japanese, too - it's on the Japanese version of "Manilow". It's called "Sakura." I'm pretty sure it's not a Manilow-penned song. My guess is that it was a song already famous in Japan and Barry recorded it.
    BTW, I'm also looking for "Barry Manilow Especial" 1985 (Portuguese album) which has 4 or 5 songs he sings in Portuguese but that one is only on LP, and not CD. Apparently, there's a version with 3 Portuguese songs and one with 5. I know of 4 in Portuguese - I Write the Songs, Could it Be Magic, 24 Hours a Day, and Copa. Do you know what the 5th one is on the "special version" with 5 songs? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Answer
I'm fairly sure that the Italian "Manilow" album was released on CD, but I've never seen a copy. The one I have is on vinyl LP, as is the Brazilian "Especial".

The copy of "Especial" I have has 5 songs in Portugese,  They are Copacabana (At The Copa), Escrevo As Canqoes (I Write The Songs), Qualquer Dia (Twenty Four Hours A Day) (dueto com Joanna), Manji (Mandy) and Magia (Could It Be Magic).

The Japanese song "Sakura" is a folk song about Spring, and cherry blossoms.  Many American artists have sung the song, either as a recording or in concert while in Japan.   From the Wikipedia entry on the song:  

"Contrary to popular belief, the song did not originate in ancient times; it was a popular, urban melody of the Edo period and was adopted as a piece for beginning koto students in the Tokyo Academy of Music Collection of Japanese Koto Music issued in 1888 (in English) by the Department of Education.[1] The song has been popular since the Meiji period, and the lyrics in their present form were attached then. It is often sung in international settings as a song representative of Japan."

If any of this info changes, I will post a followup. Thanks very much for writing, and Merry Christmas!   --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin