Manilow, Barry/Copacabana movie

Question
I've always wondered if the "cleaning lady" in one of the scenes of the Copacabana movie was actually Barry's real mom.  He takes a moment to grab her, turn her around, and say "have I told you lately how much I love you?".  Sounds a lot like something he'd ask his real mom.  Since her name is not mentioned in the credits (no speaking in the movie), I've never actually known the answer.  
Hoping you can finally give me the answer I've been waiting all this time to find out.
Been a Manilow fan for over 40 years now, 5 generations of my family have followed his music, and now my grandson has taken up listening.  The man has talent!
Thanks for your help with this!

Answer
There was some discussion about this in the Fan Club circles in the couple of years after the movie aired in December 1985.

From what I've read of Barry's Q&A column in the Fan Club newsletter, the cleaning lady was an extra. She didn't have a speaking part, so she's not listed in the credits, unfortunately. It was certainly not Edna Manilow.   I've heard rumors, but have not been able to substantiate them, that Edna was in the "Sweet Heaven" scene in the Copa lounge during Barry's big number.

It's great that we've had 40 years of great entertainment from Barry. Back in the 70's, I heard a lot of adults (including my music teacher) tell me that he'll never last. He's just a 70's pop star.  {Every time I visit my old home town, I give my old music teacher a copy of his latest album! This has been going on for well over 30 years now!}

Thanks for writing in!  As I normally do, I will post an update if I find other information.    --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin