Manilow, Barry/Barry not at Sinatra Grammy concert

Question
Hi John,

Here in Holland, the "Sinatra 100 all-star Grammy Concert" (recorded in Las Vegas) will be on television tomorrow. I was very surprised to find out that Barry wasn't one of the singers at the concert, because he did the Sinatra album and, if I remember correctly, even got a Grammy nomination for it. Do you know why he was not on the show?

Toos

Answer
I'm pretty sure it was a scheduling conflict. Keep in mind, as always, that I don't work for Barry or any production company or agency attached to Barry or Frank Sinatra's estate. I'm just a fan, and my information comes from published sources.

There was a press release in early December, and an article in Palm Springs magazine about Barry's Gift of Love III concert, right around the same tiime as Frank's 100th celebration. My guess is that Barry could make both of them.    Thanks for writing in, and happy holidays!   --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin