Manilow, Barry/Barry not at Sinatra Grammy concert

Hi John,

Here in Holland, the "Sinatra 100 all-star Grammy Concert" (recorded in Las Vegas) will be on television tomorrow. I was very surprised to find out that Barry wasn't one of the singers at the concert, because he did the Sinatra album and, if I remember correctly, even got a Grammy nomination for it. Do you know why he was not on the show?

I'm pretty sure it was a scheduling conflict. Keep in mind, as always, that I don't work for Barry or any production company or agency attached to Barry or Frank Sinatra's estate. I'm just a fan, and my information comes from published sources.

There was a press release in early December, and an article in Palm Springs magazine about Barry's Gift of Love III concert, right around the same tiime as Frank's 100th celebration. My guess is that Barry could make both of them.    Thanks for writing in, and happy holidays!   --JB

Manilow, Barry

John W Baldwin

I can answer almost any question about Barry`s music and videos: Content, lyrics, instruments, arrangements. You know -- the important stuff! ***PLEASE NOTE: I don't work for Barry or his organizations. I don't know him personally. I'm like that guy on PBS that talks about Mozart, the knowledge is based on 35 years of study, not from any insider information. *** --JB

40 years of collecting his music and being a fan. I also own an extensive collection of recordings, interviews, books, magazines and rarities for Barry Manilow.

Professional Actor, Singer, Stage Manager and Announcer. Music enthusiast, performer and composer of my own material. Theater Major, Temple University.