Manilow, Barry/Barry Manilow

Question
Hi Mis Laurie is a pleasure to write to you,im from Mexico City,we love Barry,i just want to know a rumor that i just have read,about that Barry gets married with his Manager, Garry Kief.thank i wish as so many mexicans he can come with his spectacular show,your Friend Ada

Answer
Hello, Ada!

Thank you for contacting me through All Experts.  As for your question about the rumor that Barry has married his manager, Garry Kief, it is nothing more than a rumor.  Like Barry has said, unless and until you hear it from his mouth or his pen do not believe it!  Unfortunately, I believe in this situation someone deliberately used the fact that Barry likes to keep his private life just that against him, and this is someone's idea of a bad joke!  Also, I find it very hard to believe that they supposedly got married last year, and it didn't leak before now, especially if there was big $$$$ to be made to leak the story.  Also, this story originated with The National Enquirer, which is a publication not known for the accuracy of its stories.  Of course, the source of the info is an "unnamed source," which is a buzz word like "a guest at the party" meaning the author of article is trying to make you believe that a real person said this.  It has also come to my attention that these recent rumors about Barry and Garry getting married stem from a photo taken at Michael Feinstein and Terrence Flannery's wedding in 2008.  Barry did attend the Feinstein/Flannery wedding, and so did Garry Kief.  Specifically, a photo of Michael Feinstein, Terrence Flannery, Barry and Garry Kief taken at the Feinstein/Flannery wedding was included in one of the articles.  This, in my opinion, explains how this rumor started. In conclusion, the days and weeks to come will tell whether or not Barry or his management decide to make any comment about this story/rumor/speculation, which caught fire in cyberspace very quickly!  Personally, I would think if there was truth to this it would have been confirmed on Barry's Facebook page promptly to get it over with.  Most importantly, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Barry's music or the joy, hope and inspiration Barry's beautiful music has brought to millions around the world.  

Take care and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again!

Manilove,

Laurie :)  

Manilow, Barry

Laurie Wheeler